My Assignment 2 Unit of Work, is for a year 6 English unit. Lego Movie – Constructing a News Story
Students will draw on prior knowledge to recall purposes and impact of multimodal elements in texts. They will build upon this previously developed knowledge, as they learn how text structures (e.g. headline and visual elements) and language features (e.g. high modality word groups, emotive language and subjective language) are used to develop a news story and persuade a viewer to support a particular point of view.
They will engage with a variety of texts, analysing news stories to determine bias and how textual elements are used for different purposes such as persuasion.
Students will be able to select and use relevant ideas and information, text structures and multimodal elements as they plan, create and publish a news story to persuade a viewer, using software to create a multimodal presentation.
- Understand the uses of objective and subjective language and bias (ACELA1517)
- Investigate how vocabulary choices, including evaluative language can express shades of meaning feeling and opinion (ACELA1525)
- Understand how authors often innovate on textstructures and play with language features to achieve particular aesthetic, humorous and persuasive purposes and effects (ACELA1518)
- Identify and explain how choices in language, for example modality, emphasis, repetition and metaphor, influence personal response to different texts (ACELT1615)
- Participate in and contribute to discussions, clarifying and interrogating ideas, developing and supporting arguments, sharing and evaluating information, experiences and opinions(ACELY1709)
- Analyse how text structures and language featureswork together to meet the purpose of a text(ACELY1711)
- Plan, draft and publish imaginative, informative and persuasive texts, choosing and experimenting withtext structures, language features, images and digital resources appropriate to purpose andaudience (ACELY1714)
- Use a range of software, including word processing programs, learning new functions as required tocreate texts (ACELY1717)